Buying an item in our marketplace is easy, safe, and secure! Buying an item takes seconds, just search for your item, choose your payment option, enter your shipping address, and done! Protecting Buyers is our highest priority so we have you covered under the Gameflip Buyer Guarantee.
Please make sure to fully review the details of the item that you plan to purchase. If you have any questions, we highly recommend that you contact the Seller first to get the answers before making your purchase.
The following information is required to complete your purchase:
- Payment Method
- A credit card is not necessary to make a purchase on Gameflip. If you sell an item first, the Sales Proceeds will be credited to your Gameflip account as Cash Balance and can then be used towards future purchases. Also, if you have enough Credits, you can purchase an item using only Credits.
- For each purchase, Gameflip will deduct the purchase price from (1) your available Credit balance, then (2) your available Cash Balance. If both (1) and (2) together do not add up to the item purchase price, then we will charge the remaining amount to your payment method of choice.
- We do not store your credit card information. This information is securely transferred to our trusted partner Ingenico, which processes the payment.
- Shipping Address
- Please make sure to enter an accurate shipping address that can accept packages from USPS, UPS, and FedEx. This will help to avoid issues regarding the non-delivery of your item.
- For the shipping address, we suggest you save it in our secure system so you can quickly select the appropriate address for future purchases.
Processing fees are charged along with every payment processed on Gameflip. No additional fees are charged for failed charges or refunds.
The following are all processing fees associated with each payment and add funds method used on Gameflip:
|Territory||Fee - Fixed||Fee - Variable|
|Apple Pay||Outside US||$0.35||4.00%|
|Credit Card||Outside US||$0.35||4.00%|
|Debit Card||Outside US||$0.35||4.00%|
|Google Pay||Outside US||$0.35||4.00%|
|Skrill International||Outside US||$0.35||4.00%|
You can purchase an item in our marketplace using any combination of the following:
- Cash Balance, this is the cash balance amount you receive for selling an item in our marketplace.
- All major Credit Cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover)
- Apple Pay
- Google Pay
- WeChat Pay
- Boa Compra
Payment will first withdraw from Credits, then Cash, then Credit Card/Apple Pay/Skrill. You cannot manually select how much of each to pay.
Please remember to NOT complete the transaction if you would like to return the item or request a refund.
For each transaction, Gameflip requires the Buyer and Seller to complete and rate each other. Our goal is to create a transparent marketplace that is safe for our community members. Our rating system allows you to choose from three types of ratings: Good, Neutral, Poor. You also need to add a comment along with the rating to explain your full experience with the Seller.
When completing the transaction, the Buyer is required to rate the Seller, then all sales are final and the Buyer will no longer be able to submit a request for a return or refund.
The Buyer has 3 days to complete and rate the Seller after the item is delivered. If the Buyer does not complete the transaction within these 3 days, then the system will automatically finalize the transaction and give the Seller a good rating. For the Seller to prompt the system to auto-rate, they must revisit the listing once the 3 days are up. Revisiting the listing means to simply tap on it, then a notification should show up.
After this auto-completion occurs, the Seller should proceed in rating the Buyer in order to be paid.
GAMEFLIP BUYER GUARANTEE
All purchases made on Gameflip are protected for free and our Gameflip Buyer Guarantee, which ensures that you get the item as described or your money back.
Buyers can use the Gameflip Buyer Guarantee when:
- They don't receive an item
- They receive an item that does not work
- They receive an item that doesn't match the listing description
Most sellers work with buyers to quickly resolve issues, but if a solution isn't reached, we can help.
DO NOT rate the Seller if you have received an item that is not working or not as described. By submitting a rating for the Seller, you are accepting the item and finalizing the transaction.
Please, do the following if the delivered item is not as described or working:
- Contact the Seller and let him/her know the issue, what happened and the means of returning the item and/or on another outcome that you and the Seller agree upon.
- Then go to the listing in question and press the "Hold Transaction" link. This will create a drop-down section in which you will need to specify the issue you are having, followed by a brief explanation of the situation.
- This will pause the 3-day auto-completion countdown timer and allow Gameflip support to review your case and assist you in the resolution of the transaction. If we need more information to validate your claim, we'll email you asking for specific information that will help us investigate your claim. Once we are able to verify that the item falls under our Gameflip Buyer Guarantee or any other resolution between you and the Seller, we'll refund the purchase.
View more about the Gameflip Buyer Guarantee.
All sales are final on Gameflip unless the item that is received is either not working or not as described. If this is the case, you'll be covered by our Gameflip Guarantee.
Cancellations can occur in the following manner:
Purchased Item is NOT Shipped by the Seller
- If the Seller does not ship the item in the number of handling days plus 1 day, then the Buyer will have the option to cancel the transaction by navigating to Menu > Purchases. The cancellation option will appear in the item details screens. We recommend that the Buyer contacts the Seller before executing this option.
- If the cancellation is executed, then Gameflip will refund 100% of the purchase price to the Buyer.
- Purchased Item is Confirmed to be Lost during Shipment
In situations like these, we ask if you can contact USPS to better understand where your item is. The following is their customer service information:
USPS® Customer Service
Call 1-800-ASK-USPS® (1-800-275-8777)
Once a transaction has been canceled, your money will be returned to you in the following manner:
- Credit that was charged on your credit card will be reverted.
- Cash that was used out of your Cash Balance on Gameflip will be returned to the Cash Balance.
- Credits that were used out of your Credits Balance on Gameflip (Gameflip Credits, NOT Credit Card) will be returned to the Credits Balance.
TRACKING THE SHIPMENT
If the Seller uses the Gameflip Shipping option or uses their own shipping option that includes tracking, then you can track the status of your shipment by navigating to Menu > Purchases and then choosing the item that you purchased. The tracking information will be located in the order details screens. The tracking number will also be available on the order detail screen, which you can input into the appropriate website to track as well.
Article is closed for comments.