Gameflip’s marketplace provides an easy, safe, and secure way for you to buy and sell both physical & digital video games, items, collectibles, accessories, and consoles. You’ll find everything gaming-related here. Get the latest releases, discover hidden gems, or earn quick cash by selling your gaming stuff.
Gameflip takes the stress out of buying and selling by managing the entire end-to-end transaction for both the Buyer and the Seller.
- We will notify both the Buyer and Seller at every step of the process: from listing to shipment, from purchase to delivery, and rating the transaction.
- When a Buyer purchases an item in our marketplace, we’ll hold the payment until the Buyer confirms that they have received, checked, and accepted the item.
- We require the Buyer to click on "Complete Transaction" and the Seller to rate the Buyer in order to finalize the transaction. Once this happens, all sales are final and the Seller receives the funds in their Gameflip account.
Credits are an in-app currency that can be applied towards any purchase within the Gameflip marketplace. Each Credit is equivalent to $1 USD and can only be applied towards a purchase within the marketplace. Credits cannot be traded or withdrawn from an account. Credits expire and the default is 7 days from the grant date.
Our credit system is designed to reward you for supporting our community and you can currently obtain credits from:
Limited Time Promotions: We run limited-time promotions for both buying and selling specific items. You will be issued Credits after these transactions have been completed. Issued Credits depend on the specific promotion. Please see the current promotions for more details.
- Partner Promotions: Occasionally, Gameflip partners receive special invite codes to distribute to new users who can earn Credits by joining Gameflip.
As a marketplace built for gamers, a listing must fall within one of these categories:
- We allow for both physical and digital listings of all generations and platforms of video games.
- In-Game Items/Skins
- We allow listings of Steam skins. Currently, we support skins for CS:GO, Dota 2, TF2, Rust, and H1Z1: KotK using Bot Trade or Coordinated transfer.
- We also allow listings of in-game items from many Games such as Fortnite, Rocket League, CS:GO, Dota 2, and many more.
- We are always adding new games to the list, so make sure you stay tuned.
- We allow for listings of some specific NFTs categories to be sold within the marketplace. If you wish to know which kind of NFTs you can sell on Gameflip, you can check it here.
- We allow for listings of interactive figures, action figures, and all sorts of video game paraphernalia.
- We allow for listings of headsets, controllers, batteries, cases, cables, memory, and any miscellaneous accessories associated with video games.
- We allow for listings of all generations of video game consoles, including handhelds.
- Gift Cards
- We allow for listings of all gaming gift cards and more.
- We allow for listings of Blu-rays, DVDs, and digital movies.
- We allow for listings of all other gaming-related items which do not fall into the major categories above.
- We will regularly analyze the list of items as part of our process to add new categories.
- Play with Pros
- We allow for listings of gaming sessions for the following games: Valorant, Call of Duty: Warzone, Apex Legends, Fortnite, and Rocket League.
PROHIBITED, COUNTERFEIT, & STOLEN ITEMS
If the item does not fall under any of the PRODUCT CATEGORIES then it is prohibited from being listed on Gameflip. If you have a question about a specific item that you are unsure about, please feel free to contact Gameflip Support to ask if it's appropriate.
Counterfeit and stolen items are strictly prohibited from being listed in our marketplace. Any item which includes a mark that is identical or substantially indistinguishable from a registered trademark, but is not manufactured by or with the consent of the trademark holder is considered to be “counterfeit” and prohibited. Listing items that are stolen or counterfeit will result in them being deleted and any accounts associated with these listings could be suspended or banned. Further action, including criminal prosecution, may be taken.
ACCOUNT SALES AND BETA CODES
The sale of accounts and beta codes is strictly prohibited on Gameflip. Doing so will put your account at risk for suspension.
Copyright infringement is unlawful and against Gameflip’s policies. Copyright is the protection provided by law to the authors of creative works, such as movies, music, software, photographs, and books, both published and unpublished. Copyright owners possess the exclusive right to reproduce the copyrighted work, to distribute copies of the copyrighted work, and to perform or display the copyrighted work publicly. Gameflip prohibits the listing of unauthorized copies of copyrighted works. Unauthorized copies include (but are not limited to) backup, pirated, duplicated, or bootlegged copies.
Guideline: If the product you are selling is a copy of another work that you aren't authorized to copy, don't list the item. Beta software, test software, and evaluation software are not permitted on Gameflip. These are pre-release copies of software distributed by software developers strictly for the purpose of evaluation and troubleshooting. The distribution of such copies violates the software developers' copyrights. You need to obtain the manufacturer's consent to sell this kind of software.
RANDOM ITEM LISTINGS
Any listing that is created without identifying the exact item that will be sold is prohibited on Gameflip.
Creating listings where the Buyer has a "Random", "Chance", or any sort of probability of items receive will fall under this. Listings that do not identify the item to be sold will be deleted and any accounts associated with the listing may be suspended or banned.
CODE OF CONDUCT
We are a welcoming and all-ages community*. If you choose to interact with the Gameflip community (listing, buying, selling, messaging, etc.), you must adhere to our Code of Conduct.
- Listing images must be appropriate for all ages and must only pertain to the item listed. No images of nudity or gratuitous violence will be accepted. Mature video games with a cover that might violate this rule should be censored before being posted with the item listing. If violated, the listing will be removed and your account will be issued a warning.
- Listing descriptions and reviews with any form of profanity or inappropriate and hurtful language will not be tolerated. If violated, the listing or review will be removed and your account will be issued a warning.
- Item listings must be true to the item’s condition. If an item’s condition is not as described, you will not only receive a bad review, but the Gameflip team may intervene with the appropriate action.
- Items must be shipped promptly after being sold. Any false listings and attempts to commit fraud through the Gameflip app will result in an instant ban.
- Interaction with other Gameflip community members (through private messaging, comments, reviews, and other communication channels) must be done with respect and in an appropriate manner. If another community member violates this, please report them using the profile menu in the app or the Report button on the browser. The Gameflip community managers will review each case in detail and take the appropriate action.
*The use of the marketplace for underaged users must be accompanied by a legal age person such as parents or relatives.
Want to make quick cash? Selling an item in our marketplace is easy, safe, and secure. Listing an item is always free and only takes seconds!
Creating and posting a listing in the Gameflip marketplace is always free and takes seconds. If you are using the Gameflip App, just snap a picture, scan the barcode, enter the price, and you’re good to go! Our app will auto-fill the rest of the required information.
The following information is required for each listing:
- Cover Photo
- We recommend taking a couple of nice photos of the item including its package.
- We recommend entering a clear, accurate, and concise description of the item.
- Please make sure to accurately categorize the item.
- Item Condition (Physical Only)
- New: The item has never been opened or removed from the manufacturer's sealing (if applicable). Item is in original shrink wrap (if applicable). See the seller's listing for full details. The box and jewel case are available with the original UPC visible.
- Like New: The item looks as if it was just taken out of shrink wrap. No visible wear and all facets of the item are flawless and intact. See the seller’s listing for full details and a description of any imperfections. The box and jewel case are available with the original UPC visible.
- Good: The item shows wear from consistent use, but it remains in good condition and works perfectly. It may be marked, have identifying markings on it, or show other signs of previous use. The box and jewel case are available with the original UPC visible.
- Fair: The item has obvious and significant wear but is still operational. May have tears or holes in the original packaging. The instructions and box may not be included. See the seller’s listing for full details and a description of any imperfections.
- Poor: The item shows significant signs of usage and is sometimes operational. May have tears or holes in the original packaging. The instructions and box may not be included. See the seller’s listing for full details and a description of any imperfections.
- Please make sure to set the condition of the item based on the guidelines above.
- Shipping/Delivery Method
- Please see the Shipping/Delivery Method section below for more details.
- Region/Server Restrictions (Digital Only)
- If your code/item has restrictions to specific regions in which it can be downloaded. Please note and be as specific with any restrictions.
- For New or Like New items, set the price up to 80% of the retail price.
- For Good items, set the price up to 60% of the retail price.
- For Fair items, set the price up to 40% of the retail price.
- For Poor items, set the price up to 20% of the retail price.
- We recommend setting a price that is based on the condition of your item. For a faster sale, you should set the price of the item at the lower end of the recommended range.
- Our Marketplace will only accept price points between the range of $1.01 - $1000
- Please set the number of days that this listing will be live in our marketplace.
We’ve designed our marketplace to be simple. The commission fee is to be paid by the Seller of 8% for Physical listings, and 10% for Digital listings. This is only applied to the listing price for items that have been successfully sold within the Gameflip marketplace. This fee is deducted from the listing price before the funds are transferred to the Seller’s account.
Gameflip has two shipping flows based on either listing Physical or Digital items.
Physical Shipping (US Only):
- Gameflip "$3" Shipping Option (Only available for Games and Collectibles)
- This is for packages that weigh 8oz or less. If the item that gets shipped with the label weighs more than 8oz, the item will not be delivered or can cause issues with the delivery.
- Cost is a flat $3 and the Seller can select who will pay for it, Seller or Buyer.
- Utilizes USPS First Class Parcel and includes tracking to ensure the item is delivered safely.
- Does not come with insurance.
- If the item is confirmed to be lost, Gameflip will protect the Seller by making sure the item gets returned to the Seller or the Seller gets compensated appropriately for the lost item.
- Gameflip "$1" Shipping Option (Only available for Games)
- This is for Disc Only games to be mailed in CD Mailers and weights 3oz or less. If you use this label on items that do not fit these requirements, the item will not be delivered and will cause issues with the delivery.
- Cost is a flat $1 and the Seller can select who will pay for it, Seller or Buyer.
- Does not include a tracking number. If this is a concern we recommend the Gameflip $3 shipping option which includes a tracking number.
- Does not come with insurance.
- If the Seller chooses this option, Gameflip will not protect the Seller since there is no tracking number associated with the shipment. If this is a concern, we highly recommend choosing an option that has tracking.
- Seller "Free Shipping" Option (Available for all Product Categories)
- This option allows the Seller to choose their own shipping option such as USPS, FedEx, or UPS.
- If the Seller chooses this option, Gameflip will not protect the Seller if no tracking number has been inputted into the transaction. We highly recommend choosing an option that has tracking. We also suggest purchasing mailing insurance for your package.
How soon you will ship:
- Select the number of days required for handling.
- Please note that if you do not ship the item within the number of handling days plus 1 day, then the Buyer will have the option to cancel the purchase.
Digital Delivery Method:
- Automatic Delivery/Send Code
- If you already have the code you are selling, you can choose the Automatic Delivery option in which you'll be required to input the code in a "Digital Vault" during the listing process. This option will automatically send the Buyer the code once it's purchased.
- You can also choose up to 3 days for delivery if you do not have the code beforehand. Please note that the longer you wait may result in a lower rating from the Buyer.
- Coordinated Transfers
- The Coordinated Transfer option is designed for a more open delivery in which the Seller and Buyer will need to work together to complete the transaction.
- To protect yourself from any possible fraud from the Buyer, please make sure to document all before, during, and after processes. Screencapture, video recording, saving chat history are examples of transaction documentation.
For each transaction, Gameflip requires the Buyer to "Complete Transaction" for the Seller to get paid. Our goal is to create a transparent marketplace that is safe for our community members.
Once the transaction is completed, you have the option to rate the Buyer by choosing from three types of ratings: Good, Neutral, Poor. You must also add a comment along with the rating to explain your full experience with the Buyer.
The Buyer has 3 days after the delivery date to decide on the acceptance of the item. If the Buyer does not complete the transaction after the 3-day period, the transaction will be deemed to be complete and final.
Please see RETURNS in the Buyer Questions section.
If your listing has been sold and you are no longer able to fulfill the order or have come to an agreement with the Buyer to cancel the order. You can go to that particular sold listing and press the "I need to cancel the order" button. This option will only be available before you mark the listing as shipped. Once you mark the listing as shipped and need help canceling the listing, please contact Gameflip support.
CASH BALANCE WITHDRAWAL
All the Cash that you earn by selling your items in the Gameflip marketplace can be used to purchase other items on Gameflip or to be withdrawn into either using Wise or your Payoneer account, Skrill account, or Bitcoin wallet.
You may request to withdraw your Cash Balance at any time by navigating to Menu > Balance > Cash balance > Available for payout.
A withdrawal request is available for amounts greater than $2. The fee is $1 for Cash Balance withdrawal requests of $10 and under and the fee is $0.25 for Cash Balance withdrawal requests of over $10.
In order to properly confirm your identity and bank account, you will be required to enter your full legal name, bank account routing number, bank account number, and social security number. Please note that Gameflip DOES NOT store any of this information and we securely transfer it to our partner, Ingenico, for processing.
If this is the first time you are withdrawing money, please allow up to 7 business days for your cash withdrawal request to be fully processed and for the funds to be deposited into your bank account. After that, it should take up to 2 days.
You cannot withdraw the Credits you earn as promo or anything that was issued to your account by Gameflip, which is not from your sales proceeds. For more information on Credits, please see the Credits section.
Buying an item in our marketplace is easy, safe, and secure! Buying an item takes seconds, just search for your item, choose your payment option, enter your shipping address, and done! Protecting Buyers is our highest priority so we have you covered under the Gameflip Buyer Guarantee.
Please make sure to fully review the details of the item that you plan to purchase. If you have any questions, we highly recommend that you contact the Seller first to get the answers before making your purchase.
The following information is required to complete your purchase:
- Payment Method
- A credit card is not necessary to make a purchase on Gameflip. If you sell an item first, the Cash Balance will be credited to your Gameflip account and can then be used towards future purchases. Also, if you have enough Credits, you can purchase an item using only Credits.
- For each purchase, Gameflip will deduct the purchase price from (1) your available Credit balance, then (2) your available Cash Balance. If both (1) and (2) together do not add up to the item purchase price, then we will charge the remaining amount to either your credit card or Apple Pay.
- We do not store your credit card information. This information is securely transferred to our trusted partner Ingenico, which processes the payment.
- Shipping Address
- Please make sure to enter an accurate shipping address that can accept packages from USPS, UPS, and FedEx. This will help to avoid issues regarding the non-delivery of your item.
- For the shipping address, we suggest you save it in our secure system so you can quickly select the appropriate address for future purchases.
Processing fees are a percentage-based fee that's charged along with every payment processed through credit, debit, prepaid cards, or Bitcoin. No additional fees are charged for international cards, failed charges, or refunds.
The following are all processing fees associated with each payment method used on Gameflip:
|Territory||Fee - Fixed||Fee - Variable|
|Apple Pay||Outside US||$0.35||4.00%|
|Credit Card||Outside US||$0.35||4.00%|
|Debit Card||Outside US||$0.35||4.00%|
|Google Pay||Outside US||$0.35||4.00%|
|Skrill International||Outside US||$0.35||4.00%|
You can purchase an item in our marketplace using any combination of the following:
- Cash Balance, this is the cash balance amount you receive for selling an item in our marketplace.
- All major Credit Cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover)
- Apple Pay
- Google Pay
- WeChat Pay
- Bank Transfer by Skrill
- Bitcoin (Digital purchases only)
Payment will first withdraw from Credits, then Cash, then Credit Card/Apple Pay. You cannot manually select how much of each to pay.
Our goal is to create a transparent marketplace that is safe for our community members. For each transaction, Gameflip requires the Buyer to accept by choosing "Complete Transaction". Once this "Complete Transaction" step is complete, then all sales are final and the Buyer will no longer be able to submit a request for a return. The Seller is only paid after the Buyer agrees to complete the transaction.
Please remember NOT to click on "Complete Transaction" if you would like to return the item.
The Buyer has up to 3 days to complete the transaction after the item is delivered. If the Buyer does not complete the transaction within these 3 days, then the system will automatically complete the transaction. For the Seller to prompt the system to auto-complete, they must revisit the listing once the 3 days are up. Revisiting the listing means simply tapping on it, a notification should show up once it's tapped.
Once the transaction is completed, Buyer and Seller are optionally allowed to rate each other by choosing from three types of ratings: Good, Neutral, Poor. We also highly suggest that you add a comment along with the rating to explain your full experience with the Seller.
All purchases made on Gameflip are protected for free and our Gameflip Guarantee ensures that you get the item as described or your money back.
Buyers can use the Gameflip Buyer Guarantee when:
- They don't receive an item
- They receive an item that does not work
- They receive an item that doesn't match the listing description
Most sellers work with buyers to quickly resolve issues, but if a solution isn't reached, we can help.
DO NOT complete the transaction if you have received an item that is not working or as described. By completing the transaction, you are accepting the item and finalizing the transaction.
Please do the following if the delivered item is not as described or not working:
- Contact the Seller and let them know the issue, what happened and the means of returning the item and/or on another outcome that you and the Seller agree upon.
- Then go to the listing in question and press the "I have an issue with the item I received" link. This will create a drop-down section in which you will need to specify the issue you are having, followed by a brief explanation of the situation.
- This will pause the 3-day auto-complete countdown timer and allow Gameflip support to review your case and assist you in the resolution of the transaction. If we need more information to validate your claim, we'll email you asking for specific information that will help us investigate your claim. Once we are able to verify that the item falls under our Gameflip Buyer Guarantee or any other resolution between you and the Seller, we'll refund the purchase.
View more about the Gameflip Guarantee.
All sales are final on Gameflip unless the item that is received is either not working or as described. If this is the case, you'll be covered by our Gameflip Guarantee.
Cancellations can occur in the following manner:
Purchased Item is NOT Shipped by the Seller
- If the Seller does not ship the item in the number of handling days plus 1 day, then the Buyer will have the option to cancel the transaction by navigating to Menu > Purchases. The cancellation option will appear in the item details screens. We recommend that the Buyer contacts the Seller before executing this option.
- If the cancellation is executed, then Gameflip will refund 100% of the purchase price to the Buyer.
Purchased Item is Confirmed to be Lost during Shipment
In situations like these, we ask if you can contact USPS to better understand where your item is. The following is their customer service information:
USPS® Customer Service
Call 1-800-ASK-USPS® (1-800-275-8777)
Once a transaction has been canceled, your money will be returned to you in the following manner:
- Credit that was charged on your credit card will be reverted.
- Cash that was used out of your Cash Balance on Gameflip will be returned to the Cash Balance.
- Credits that were used out of your Credits Balance on Gameflip (Gameflip Credits, NOT Credit Card) will be returned to the Credits Balance.
TRACKING THE SHIPMENT
If the Seller uses the Gameflip Shipping option or uses their own shipping option that includes tracking, then you can track the status of your shipment by navigating to Menu > Purchases and then choosing the item that you purchased. The tracking information will be located in the order details screens. The tracking number will also be available on the order detail screen, which you can input into the appropriate website to track as well.
Gameflip maintains a safe and quality mobile shopping environment for our community members. Therefore, we reserve the right to temporarily suspend or permanently ban an account if it is proven that the user has violated our Terms of Service or Code of Conduct.
Article is closed for comments.