We take our responsibility seriously to maintain the safety of our community and to comply with legal restrictions. For this reason, some items, services, and conducts are restricted or completely prohibited on Gameflip.
If a Seller lists a prohibited item or service or behaves in an ill manner, as set forth below, it will be deemed a violation of our Terms of Service regardless of whether the Seller acted intentionally or not. If Gameflip determines that a listing is in violation or is otherwise inappropriate, Gameflip may, at its discretion, remove the listing and cancel any related transactions up to and including termination or suspension of the Seller’s account.
Gameflip may not be used in connection with any product, service, transaction, or activity that is in general fraudulent, deceptive, or violates any law or government regulation.
The list of Prohibited Items, Services, and Conduct may be updated from time to time at Gameflip’s discretion. Examples of items that fall under certain categories may also be expanded to provide better communication and context to our community.
Gameflip may not be used to sell any of the following products or services:
Illegal items or services
Anything that is illegal or prohibited by local laws cannot be listed, including but not limited, to the following:
- Drugs, including illegal or narcotics drugs, prescription medicines, or behind-the-counter drugs;
- Food, food supplements, vitamins, diet products, or items that offer miracle cures such as “anti-aging”, “cancer protection”;
- Alcohol and tobacco products, including cigarettes, e-cigarettes, e-hookahs, or other vaping products;
- Weapons, including firearms, firearm parts, knives, or explosives;
- Live animals or animal parts;
- Stolen or counterfeit goods;
- Pornographic or adult-oriented services;
- Any item that contains a computer virus, malware, or spyware;
- Any unauthorized or copyrighted copies include, but are not limited to, backup, pirated, duplicated, or bootlegged copies.
- Likes and followers on any kind of platform, e.g. Twitter, Twitch, or Instagram.
Digital Codes or Accounts
Most original digital and unused codes can be listed on Gameflip. However, the following listings are prohibited:
- Selling accounts or access to an account that had been registered to a specific person;
- Selling beta codes, beta software, test software, and evaluation software. These are pre-released copies of software distributed by software developers strictly for the purpose of evaluation and troubleshooting;
- Selling redeemed or used codes;
- Selling codes that require activation in-person, such as gift cards for restaurants, retail stores, theaters, and shows. Please read Can I Sell Non-Gaming Gift Cards on Gameflip? for more information about non-gaming gift cards that are allowed in our marketplace;
- Selling pre-order codes.
Virtual Currency / Cryptocurrency
- Selling any premium virtual currencies that are exclusively purchased from game publishers and developers;
- Selling cryptocurrency, gift cards or gift codes that redeem cryptocurrency. Cryptocurrency includes but not limited to Bitcoin, Ether, USDC, USDT, etc.
Other prohibited listings
- Items or services that require the exchange of sensitive account credentials (username and password);
- Any listings that somehow encompass practices like duping, glitching, hacking, or modding;
- Randomized, misleading, or "purposefully unclear" listings that do not identify or describe the exact item(s) being sold. Any description of "Random", "Chance", "Lottery", or any kind of probability of items received are considered randomized listings. Listings under the guise of "Custom Order" will be prohibited if they do not have enough a detailed description of what is being sold at the risk of being removed;
- In-game items that are not “earned” by gamers with their efforts and achievements in the game. For clarity, virtual items that can be purchased with cash payment to the game developer are prohibited;
- Any form of advertisement.
- Share personal information such as a username to another platform or phone number for buyers to contact sellers outside of Gameflip. You can also learn more here;
- It is forbidden to request access to another user’s account on any platform, Gameflip or others;
Article is closed for comments.