We take our responsibility seriously to maintain the safety of our community and to comply with legal restrictions. For this reason, some items and services are restricted or completely prohibited from being listed.
If a Seller lists a prohibited item or service, as set forth below, it will be deemed to be a violation of our Terms of Service regardless of whether the Seller acted intentionally or not. If Gameflip determines that a listing is in violation or is otherwise inappropriate Gameflip may, at its discretion, remove the listing and cancel any related transactions up to and including termination or suspension of the Seller’s account.
Gameflip may not be used in connection with any product, service, transaction, or activity that in general is fraudulent, deceptive, or violates any law or government regulation.
The list of Prohibited Items may be updated from time to time at Gameflip’s discretion. Examples of items that fall under certain categories may also be expanded to provide better communication and context to our community.
Gameflip may not be used to sell any of the following products or services:
Illegal items or services
Anything that is illegal or prohibited by local laws cannot be listed, including but not limited, to the followings:
- Drugs, including illegal or narcotics drugs, prescription medicines, or behind the counter drugs
- Food, food supplements, vitamins, diet products, or items that offer miracle cures such as “anti-aging”, “cancer protection”
- Alcohol and tobacco products, including cigarettes, e-cigarettes, e-hookahs, or other vaping products
- Weapons, including firearms, firearm parts, knives, or explosives
- Live animals or animal parts
- Stolen or counterfeit goods
- Pornographic or adult-oriented services
- Any item that contains a computer virus, malware, or spyware
- Any unauthorized or copyrighted copies include, but are not limited to, backup, pirated, duplicated, or bootlegged copies
Digital or Account Codes
Most original digital codes that have not been redeemed or previously sold can be listed on Gameflip. However, the following listings are prohibited:
- Selling account or access to an account that had been registered to a specific person
- Selling beta codes, beta software, test software, and evaluation software. These are pre-release copies of software distributed by software developers strictly for the purpose of evaluation and troubleshooting.
- Selling redeemed or used codes
- Selling codes that require activation in-person, such as gift cards for restaurants, retail stores, theaters, and shows. Please, read Can I Sell Non-Gaming Gift Cards on Gameflip? for more information about the allowed cases for non-gaming gift card sales.
Virtual Currency / Cryptocurrency
- Selling any premium virtual currencies that are exclusively purchased from game publishers and developers.
- Selling cryptocurrency such as Bitcoin, Ethereum.
Other prohibited listings
- Items or services that require the exchange of sensitive account credentials (username and password)
- Any listings that somehow encompass practices like duping, glitching, hacking or modding
- Randomized listings that do not identify or describe the exact item that will be sold. Any description of "Random", "Chance", or any kind of probability of items received are considered randomized listings
- In-game virtual items that are not “earned” by gamers with their efforts and achievements in the game. For clarity, virtual items that can be purchased with cash payment to the game developer are prohibited.
- Any form of advertisement
- Request buyers to contact sellers outside of Gameflip. You can also learn more here.