Gameflip uses identity verification for a number of reasons:
- Comply with Know Your Customer (KYC) laws. KYC is a multi-step process to identify and confirm that a user is who they say they are. KYC is a part of the anti-money laundering (AML) laws and regulations that we must follow. When you apply to sell on Gameflip, identity verification is generally mandatory when selling items in certain categories.
- Confirm account ownership or payment authorization when making account-related changes or conducting frequent or large transactions that is subjected to AML laws mentioned above.
When you verify your identity, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- Avoid repeated payment reviews and increase your payment limits. Note: you need to verify both your payment source and identity information;
- An ID Verified badge will be added to your profile, making it reliable to others who want to buy from or sell to you.
To start the verification process, log in to your account and go to Menu > Wallet > Verify.
When uploading your photo ID
- Ensure that your document is valid and not expired;
- Make sure it doesn't have hole punches or other modifications;
- Photos of both sides of your documents should be uploaded;
- Ensure that your document address matches the one added to your billing address;
- Photograph the entire document and avoid cutting off any corners or sides;
- Ensure the ID is fully visible and in focus;
- Do not change any information on the ID;
- Only state/country-issued IDs such as a Driver's License or National Identification cards are accepted. We do not accept passports*;
- If you make a mistake, refresh the page to restart the process;
- Do not attempt to complete the process if you know information is missing;
- We do not accept scanned files.
*If you are from Russia, Ukraine, Denmark, or Belarus, you may send photos from your Internal Passport for verification.
When providing a "selfie" photo of your face
- Must include a photo of you (selfie) holding both your ID and a piece of paper with the words "for Gameflip [today's date]" hand-written on it. "Today's date" must be the date when you took your selfie (ex: 04/13/2023).
- Face towards the camera and include from your shoulders to the top of your head, similar to an ID photo;
- Use a plain wall as a background if possible;
- Make sure the light is coming from in front of you, not behind you, making sure your face is clearly visible without backlighting;
- Do not wear sunglasses, hats, or anything that covers your face. If you are wearing glasses in your ID photo, wear them in your selfie photo as well. If you are not wearing glasses in your ID photo, please remove them when taking your selfie;
- The ID must also be fully and clearly visible on your selfie.
Credit Card Verification
How do I verify my new credit card?
Verifying your credit or debit card on Gameflip is really easy. You will need to go to your Wallet to start the verification process and then upload all required documents and photos. To verify your credit/debit card you will need to provide:
1. A high-resolution photo of you (selfie) holding your card, showing only the cardholder's name and the last 4 digits on the card;
2. A photo of the front of the credit/debit card held in your hand, showing only the cardholder's name and the last 4 digits on the card;
3. A photo of the back of the credit/debit card held in your hand, showing only the cardholder's name and the last 4 digits on the card.
Mobile Phone Bill Verification
How do I verify my account with my phone bill?
Another document you can submit to verify your Gameflip account is your phone bill. This type of verification is not mandatory and it is only required if are going to withdraw funds from your Wallet to Bitcoin. Phone bill verification does not prevent purchase reviews. We only accept the most recent bill and it must contain your full legal name, address, and the phone number registered on your Gameflip account.
Note: The document verification process usually does not take long. In rare cases, it might take up to 2 business days to complete. Our team will review and approve all the information provided as soon as possible. In case you experience any issues when attempting to verify your account, please contact our support team.