You can sell Pokémon from Pokémon Let's Go as any other supported in-game items, but please take the following precautions:
- Do NOT post your friend code publicly in your listing or public listing comments. You can send private messages to the buyer in the Sold Item message section after your item is purchased.
- If you receive a notification that your listing has sold, always verify it by logging into your Gameflip account and go to Menu > Listings > Sold tab. If someone contacts you saying they bought your item and asked you to deliver, do NOT give them your item. They were able to contact you because you posted your Gamer Tag or PSN name publicly which you are not supposed to do. If you see "Sale Pending", you should wait at least 5 minutes to confirm that it's actually sold before sending the item.
To avoid any doubt, ask the buyer to confirm the first 5 digits/characters of their order number in the in-game chat.
Steps to Deliver a Pokémon
- You will have to exchange your usernames in the order comments after your item is purchased and coordinate a time when you are both online.
- Once in the game, press X and select "Communicate", then select "Play With Others". After that, select "Faraway Player" and choose "Link Trade".
- You will need to create a code that both you and the buyer will need to input on the screen below. The code will need to be exactly the same for both of you, please make sure to let the buyer know exactly what the code will be.
- DO NOT create simple codes using the same Pokémon (for example, 3 Pikachus), as this will likely make the system match you with a different player.
- MAKE SURE that, once the system has paired you with another user, that the username matches EXACTLY what was communicated between you and the buyer through Gameflip.
- Select the Pokémon that was sold to the buyer on Gameflip and start the trade.
- Take a screenshot of the trade screen, showing the buyer's username and the selected Pokemon. Make sure it displays the buyer's username.
- Take a screenshot of the following screen, prior to confirming the trade, displaying your Pokemon about to be sent.
- Take a screenshot of the trade, displaying your Pokémon being sent to the buyer. The screenshot must display the buyer's username.
If any issues arise the buyer will place a hold on the purchase. You will be notified of this status change by email and in-app notification.
If this happens, open a ticket to our support team. Let us know your Gameflip account Invite Code, the name of the listing, and attach the screenshots you took.