In our modern times, a strong password is no longer adequate to secure your account. We strongly recommend that you enable a second factor (2FA sometimes called MFA) on your device to login into your account. After using your username and password, you will be asked for a security code (from your device) to authorize and complete logging into Gameflip.
Previously, the second-factor authentication code is sent through an SMS text on your phone or is viewable on your Gameflip. Both these methods have limitations such as some users had issues receiving the code via Text.
In our latest improvement, second-factor authentication is optional but strongly recommended, and everyone can set it up using a third-party authentication app and the Gameflip app to generate a security code. You will still need to have a phone number linked to your Gameflip account, but this new feature will help you keep it safe!
How to set up a second authentication factor on Gameflip
Whether you use the Gameflip app or not, we still strongly recommend using a third-party authenticator such as Authy or Google Authenticator to verify your account as this method is more secure than text messaging.
1. Go to Menu > Settings > Authentication by clicking on your profile picture in the upper-right corner of the page. Select the authentication method and either click on the "+" sign or enable it.
2. When a blank space appears, add the name of your authenticator app to it (e.g.: Google Authenticator) and click on the Generate QR Code button:
3. A QR Code will pop up and you'll need to scan it with your authenticator app in order to set up your Gameflip account on it. After you have done so, click on the I've scanned the QR code. button:
4. You will need to fill out the 6 blank spaces with the security code generated by the authentication app and click on Finish:
5. There! You have successfully verified the security code of your new authentication method. You can have up to five authentication options activated on your Gameflip account.
If you are using our Android/iOS, you can activate the Gameflip app or a third-party authentication app that has already been added to your account.
1. Enable one or more authentication options by pressing:
[Android] Menu > Settings > Two-Factor Authentication
[iOS] Menu > Settings > Security Code
2. Tap on the authentication options you would like to activate and/or deactivate:
How to delete an authentication option on Gameflip
1. If you would like to remove an authentication method from your Gameflip account, you just need to click on the toggle button next to it.
2. You'll receive a message to confirm the deletion of the authentication method and a security code will also be sent to your other MFA option to validate this action.
3. After you click on the Delete button, you'll have successfully removed the MFA method from your account.